Eccles Archery Club: EAC
Founded in 1953, our club is on the the western edge of Greater Manchester, very close to the M60/M62 junction 11.
We are affiliated to the Lancashire Archery Association (LAA), the Northern Counties Archery Society (NCAS) and Archery GB (previously know as The Grand National Archery Society, GNAS).
Our grounds are secure with 24-7 access for members. Recurve, compound, longbow and novice archers are welcome to join, where 'novice archers' must have successfully completed a beginners course run by EAC or another Archery UK affiliated club.
If you are interested in attending one of our beginners courses, get the details here.
- Our field is 200yds long and 120/140/180 yd clout shoots are held on Wednesday evenings throughout the summer (April - September).
- The clubhouse has two loos, one with disabled access.
- Our 12y indoor range is for practicing technique and holding beginners classes.
- There are regular club shoots, occasional barbecues and fun shoots.
- Assuming it is not pouring with rain, members can always be found on the line on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
- We host county matches and open shoots, with up to 19 bosses.
- The archery club does NOT have a postal address, but the closest postcode is M30 7DR. We are up the narrow entrance directly opposite 216 Peel Green Road.